Episode 002 – Bigfoot, Bob, and the Podgasm of Sequim (Bigfoot and Bob)
Episode 2! We’re on our way!
In all my imaginings of how things might be for running this podcast, it never came to mind how much fun it would be as well as how much work it would be. The fun has been both self-created as well as spontaneous. The work, on the other hand, has really been entirely self-created.
Without really thinking, I recorded our spotlight interview with Bigfoot and Bob within the same track as ours here at PodScure Studios (aka, my office). This caused a problem with the mixing of the raw recording they did on their side as they didn’t QUITE match up. This made for A HELL OF A LOT OF EDITING!!! And, even with all that editing, it still was a bit of a mess. But, for next time, I will do better. I will record Don and I on the left side of the channel and our guest on the right side. That way, if they happen to provide their own raw sound file from their end, I can easily clear out the right channel and use the guest’s copy.
But I digress…BIGFOOT AND BOB!!!
Listening to Laila and Ryan each week on Bigfoot and Bob always brings a smile to my face. Needless to say I was SUPER stoked when they agreed to be our FIRST EVER INTERVIEW!!! In our hour and a half long chat, we learned what makes these two podcasters tick.
- We learn that they, like me, have an aversion to patchouli (GAG!) and believe that it doesn’t belong as a candle scent. Nor does “Fart” or the concept of “mandles”.
- We find out, aside from Lemon Party, what you should also not search for on the internet.
- We get details about their “whisper room”.
- We discuss the anxiety we all had as children when attempting to find all the hidden things in Highlights magazines.
- We talk about our mutual love for Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- We learn about Ruby, the Galactic Gumshoe.
- We discuss which actor might be considered the Burt Reynolds of our day.
- We teach about how to influence people into letting you into places you’re not supposed to be by just “looking the part”.
- We talk about gear and hosting minutia.
- We learn that Laila is sporty while Ryan…not so much.
- We learn about upcoming plans for the Bigfoot and Bob podcast.
- We have lots of fun at the expense of Sequim, WA (sorry, not sorry).
- We make a plan to do karaoke soon.
- We discuss the possibility of a Guinness World Record for the number of “buttholes” in a single podcast episode.
- AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!
This interview was really so much fun. I don’t think I could have asked for a better first guest right out of the box. Go listen to Bigfoot and Bob wherever you get your podcasts. You’ll find them and you’ll enjoy them. They’re funny, charming, super sweet!